Friday, July 16, 2010

More Vacation Time

Tomorrow we’re off to a beach location on the gorgeous east coast. My stomach is in knots and I have butterflies because I literally have so much more to do at home and work to prepare for this trip. Yet I am blogging; hoping this will calm me down. So much has happened lately. I will take the time to sit and blog when I return next weekend. Between animals and earrings, I don’t know where to begin. I posted the beginning part of the earring situation on a discussion board on Stepchicks and I was so encouraged at the responses telling me I did the right thing. The advice and support I received just warmed by heart.


Part of the reason for the butterflies is also the anticipation of calls and instruction and such that we will receive when going away for the week with my girl. I already was asked by my girl’s maternal grandmother, “You watch her when she’s in the ocean, right? I mean really watch her because she goes out all the way to her neck and you know….”

I think I sputtered out an answer about how there will be about 6 adults in addition to Big Papa and I, so yes, we’ll be watching her when she’s in the ocean. I know the woman is a worrier but good gracious.

I’m taking a half day to go work out and try to get the car packed up. If I don’t have a panic attack first. This week will definitely be worth it though. Hope the bloggy world doesn’t miss me too much :)

4 comments:

  1. Try not to stress honey...I know what you mean, and we are headed out of town with SD13 and her best friend soon, and last year we went to the beach on the west coast and BM threw a fit about us watching them in the ocean and not getting eaten by sharks.

    Try to keep your vacation expectations low. Travel with kids/family is never perfect. You can read my funny stories from last year if you'd like. All in all, we are headed out again and everyone is excited. It's all about building memories together.

    http://the3for1deal.blogspot.com/2009/08/memorable-vacation-moments.html

    Be sure to let us all know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip!! New to your blog and excited to get caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time! And we will miss you, but we'll see you when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support ladies!! I greatly appreciate it and it warmed my heart to see all of your comments when I got back :)
    I'll will be putting up a post later today about our vacation. Why does summer seem so rough these days? Summer isn't supposed to be like this, right? I definitely tried to keep my vacation expectations low and thank goodness I did!
    @ Life of a Stepmama - thanks for stopping in! Glad to have you as a reader :)

    ReplyDelete