Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Big News

I’ve been a bad, bad blogger. I didn’t even realize I hadn’t written in 2 months until I grabbed this moment to catch you all up on the happenings of my life. I don’t blame my few but faithful followers if you don’t read this…I know I tend to give up on a blog if it’s been a while since the last post. I admit that it has been an overwhelming 2 months while I’ve been absent. Many big changes that are good but overwhelming nonetheless.

First and foremost of these new developments, I found out that I am expecting! I found out in early November and didn’t blog it at first because I was so petrified that something was going to happen. I can’t explain why I felt this way, but my fear was paralyzing. Thankfully, I am now 5 months along and everything is fine. We just found out that it’s a boy (!) this past week! I couldn’t even work after I got home from my appointment because I was so excited about this little man that we will welcome into the world in about 20 weeks.

Of course, there is so much excitement but the reality of the enormous responsibility is resting heavily on me these days. I finally sat down and made a list of all the things that need to happen before he is born and I know I am forgetting many things. I still need to register somewhere and get his room ready, FIND a NAME that a little boy will be proud of and try to pretend like everyone’s opinions about that name don’t matter.

In addition to this new little one, my company moved our office location about 20 miles from where it was located for the last few decades. Which means my office is now 50 miles from my house…does not make for a fun commute. Thankfully, I was granted a few work from homes days that are truly a blessing. Working in my pajamas for the better part of the day? Don’t mind if I do. That was a big help in those first trimester weeks where I could barely pry my eyes open most days.

To top off the big move, my company is now blocking blogger so I can’t even sneak a few minutes at lunch to post and comment. It’s so frustrating to me that they are most likely doing this because many people at the office think it’s fine to browse facebook during all hours at the office. I like checking out a good picture album as much as anybody else but you gotta save it for outside the office.

I’ll get into how my girl and Gollum reacted to the big baby news in a future post but for now, I just want to catch up with you all. I need to go and read all of your blogs, I have missed my fellow stepmoms!

No comments:

Post a Comment