Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Belated Update

Big Papa ended up speaking to Gollum’s mother on Wednesday morning (the day we were to take my girl to choir). She called to tell him that Gollum’s car had been broken into so she could pick up my girl from choir if he dropped her off.

Big Papa agreed to this and mentioned to the mother that my girl has been saying, for a while, that she doesn’t want to do choir any longer. Her response? “OH I know.”

He also brought up the fact that my girl is telling us one thing and Gollum is telling us another. She AGREED. She told Big Papa that she would speak to Gollum about it. I doubt she will change her mind but it’s a good thing that Gollum will be approached on this by someone close to her, someone other than me or Big Papa.

We both doubted that anything would come of the conversation and we were right. Gollum’s mother stopped by with the choir books and simply said, “I talked to her, and she (Gollum) wants her to go. So they went. But I know this is not the last time we will have that discussion. And that thought tires me.

Big Papa and I agreed that we would do our best to stand up for my girl BEFORE any of the activities are paid for in the beginning of the next school year. We both feel like we were blindsided in all of this and after seeing what the affect has been on my girl, we’ll have more “ammo” to put a stop to it before it starts. I also can’t imagine carting a six month old around to all the events we had this past fall/winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment